We cover all the most important aspects of digital workflow and portfolio management, from importing, sorting, managing and retouching to exporting images for print and online applications. Retouch different types of image, from portraits, landscapes, architecture, wildlife, etc.
- A complete overview of the Lightroom interface – menus (top to bottom, left to right).
- Importing, managing, sorting and finding your images.
- Advanced workflow processes, i.e. smart collections, previews and backup processes.
- Colour Management.
- Retouching: Portraits, Landscapes, Architecture, Wildlife.
- Creating striking Black and White images.
- Creating and working with presets.
- Managing your portfolio by using Lightroom’s smart tools.
- Preparing your images for output: Printing, and social media.
- Q&A session.
- Handouts: Exercise files, PDF documents containing all class material, tutorial videos and free Lightroom presets. The course material is also available as slides in Lightroom.
Who is this course for?
- Beginner to advanced photographers.
- 2-Day weekend workshop.
- You will need a computer or laptop using Mac or Windows with a working copy of Lightroom Classic CC. You can get Lightroom Classic CC or the 30-day trial version here.
- Attendees should have basic computer skills and be able to navigate their desktop and file system, copy and paste, select files, etc.
At least 20GB free disk space for course material.
- If you are in the process of buying a computer or laptop, we strongly recommend that you read the following article, The Best Computer for Photo Editing. Feel free to contact our office if you need any assistance.
- R2 800 per person. R500 discount for Photo Critic members. Lunch and refreshments included.
- MCademy Training Institute | 1034 Saxby Ave, Centurion (Opposite Eldoraigne Village Shopping Centre)
To register for the course, you have to complete the online registration on DPC's Website by following the link below: