We cover Photoshop’s interface and layout extensively while focusing on the key aspects related to photo editing. Learn the fundamental aspects of photo editing through step-by-step instruction, from basic retouching to making your images ready for print or web use.
- Overview of Photoshop’s interface, layouts and toolboxes.
- Interfacing images from Lightroom to Photoshop.
- Setting up Photoshop and optimise the interface for photo editing.
- Work with third-party plug-ins.
- Making selections, using layers and masks.
- Fundamental retouching using levels and curves.
- Introduction to dodging and burning.
- Cropping and resizing images for web, screen and print.
- Adding text, logos and borders.
- Professional sharpening techniques.
- Basic editing for beauty portraits, landscape and wildlife images.
- Basic frequency separation.
- Removing unwanted elements and adding elements.
- Basic deep etching techniques.
- Adding textured overlays.
- Basic colour, tone and mood.
- Creating an action in Photoshop.
Who is this course for?
- Photoshop 101 is an introductory course designed for photographers who have little or no experience with Photoshop.
- 2-Day weekend workshop.
- You will need a computer or laptop using Mac or Windows with a working copy of Adobe Photoshop CC.
- You can get Adobe Photoshop CC or the 30-day trial version here. We recommend that you subscribe to the Creative Cloud Photography Plan that includes Lightroom Classic CC and Lightroom CC.
- Attendees should have basic computer skills and be able to navigate their desktop and file system, copy and paste, select files, etc.
- At least 20 GB free disk space for course material.
- If you are in the process of buying a computer or laptop, we strongly recommend that you read the article The Best Computer for Photo Editing. Feel free to contact our office if you need advice.
- R2 800 per person. R500 discount for ex-DPC students. Lunch and refreshments included.
- MCademy Training Institute | 1034 Saxby Ave, Centurion (Opposite Eldoraigne Village Shopping Centre)
To register for the course, you have to complete the online registration on DPC's Website by following the link below: