After shooting for a while, many photographers feel their growth plateaus. If you want to progress in your work, stop stagnating and take a massive leap forward by considering the advanced course. We will help you understand how to use your camera to better tell your intended story by exploring more complex camera techniques and applying new thinking to your photographic processes.
- Advanced camera settings and shoot preparation.
- Advanced exposure, shooting in manual-mode, zone system, multiple exposures.
- Advanced exposure time, creative blur, long exposures, time-lapse, double exposures.
- Advanced focus techniques, such as hyperfocal distance, back-button focusing, focus stacking, panoramas, the Brenizer method.
- Lens aspects, understanding lens compression, minimising distortion.
- Developing as a photographer, purpose, planning and intention.
- Creative lighting, chiaroscuro vs. high-key lighting.
- Creative composition and visual weight.
- Colour management and theory.
- RAW Workflow.
- Image preparation for best quality and output.
Who is this course for?
- If you already understand the basic aspects of photography and are familiar with the capabilities of your camera but you want to bridge the gap to advanced techniques and creativity, then the DPC Advanced Photography Course will get you there. This course takes you beyond the basics and shows you how to focus on more complex camera techniques and thinking processes. It will help you achieve a much higher quality output.
- A total of 10 sessions; the course runs over nine weeks with evening classes and a full day practical shoot on a weekend day.
- You will need a Digital SLR or Mirrorless camera with manual controls and a tripod. You will also need a computer with Lightroom and a basic working knowledge of Lightroom, or Camera RAW. Internet access at home is essential to view additional course material, trial software and upload assignments.
- R4 600 per person. Married and Engaged couples pay only R3 900.
To register for the course, you have to complete the online registration on DPC's Website by following the link below: