Conceptual photography is not easy to master. It is one of the most imaginative forms of photography and requires a comprehensive visual vocabulary. Then there are the technical aspects like camera, gear and lighting setups. Completing this course will leave you with a clear understanding of what is required to become a conceptual photographer − from conceptualisation steps to finalising your masterpiece.
- A complete overview of the Lightroom interface – menus (top to bottom, left to right).
- Importing, managing, sorting and finding your images.
- Advanced workflow processes, i.e. smart collections, previews and backup processes.
- Colour Management.
- Retouching: Portraits, Landscapes, Architecture, Wildlife.
- Creating striking Black and White images.
- Creating and working with presets.
- Managing your portfolio by using Lightroom’s smart tools.
- Preparing your images for output: Printing, and social media.
- Q&A session.
- Handouts: Exercise files, PDF documents containing all class material, tutorial videos and free Lightroom presets. The course material is also available as slides in Lightroom.
Who is this course for?
- Photographers with intermediate and advanced skillsets who want to expand their craft and become visual storytellers of note. If you have already tried Conceptual Photography and could not produce images you were completely happy with, this workshop will provide you with solid guidelines and a working knowledge of the process required to create conceptual portraits.
- Andre Badenhorst
- 2-Day weekend workshop.
- A DSLR or mirrorless camera with a portrait lens. It is expected that attendees should have a working knowledge of their cameras, as well as experience with flash or studio lighting. Solid digital workflow and retouching techniques will be required to create a consistent look and feel after the course.
- R4 600 per person. R700 discount for ex-DPC students. Lunch and refreshments included.
- MCademy Training Institute | 1034 Saxby Ave, Centurion (Opposite Eldoraigne Village Shopping Centre)
To register for the course, you have to complete the online registration on DPC's Website by following the link below: