Looking through your camera’s viewfinder and snapping what is in front of you is easy once you have mastered the technicalities of photography, but knowing how to see the image you are about to capture creatively is a skill that does not come naturally to all aspirant photographers. The good news is that while photographic vision may not be an inherent ability, it is a skill that can be developed through studying visual principles and developing a visual vocabulary.
- Inspiration from Master Photographers.
- A discussion of some of the most powerful photos of our time.
- Foundational Aspects of Vision.
- The Camera as a Tool.
- Key aspects of Photographic Vision.
- Developing a Visual Vocabulary.
- Visual Design Elements and Visual Composition.
- Mood and Emotion in Visual Storytelling.
- Tools over Rules (Breaking the Rules).
- Photograph with the Heart.
- Barriers of Vision.
- Photo Analysis, how to "Read" a Photo.
Who is this course for?
- This course is for anyone who is remotely interested in photography and visual design. It will benefit novice, experienced, and professional photographers alike. If you would like to step up your creativity or rekindle your passion for photography, then this is for you!
- 2 Evening Classes (6 hours class time)
- R900 per person paid in advance (EFT). Snacks and beverages included.
To register for the course, you have to complete the online registration on DPC's Website by following the link below: