Macro photography uses very expensive and specialised equipment that can seem very difficult at first to get the results you want. If you have a fascination with this tricky and methodical type of shooting, this course will fast-track your learning and shooting processes. The 1-Day workshop will help you get the most out of your gear and replace frustration with enjoyment for this magical genre.
- Specialist macro equipment, i.e. lenses, extension tubes, lens reversal, bellows, teleconverters, flashes, ring flashes, tripods, etc. and how to use them.
- What exactly is the difference between close-up and macro, life-size and 1:2 photography?
- Focus techniques for macro and close-up photography to ensure sharp images.
- Macro lighting techniques, such as fill and full flash, diffused lighting, time of day, and various lighting setups.
- Using mirrors to create multiple light set-ups.
- The in-depth coverage of best practice macro and close-up camera settings, i.e. drive/shutter release modes, mirror lock-up, metering, etc.
Who is this course for?
- Photographers who already understand the basic aspects of photography and would like to improve their macro and close-up photography skills.
- 1-Day weekend workshop.
- A digital SLR or mirrorless camera, with creative or advanced camera modes like manual, or aperture priority.
- You should know the basic aspects of your camera, i.e. how to shoot in creative or manual modes.
- R1 400 per person. R300 Discount for ex-DPC students. Lunch and refreshments included.
- MCademy Training Institute | 1034 Saxby Ave, Centurion (Opposite Eldoraigne Village Shopping Centre)
To register for the course, you have to complete the online registration on DPC's Website by following the link below: