Newborn photography and working with tiny brand-new humans can easily become overwhelming and intimidating for beginners and even for some intermediate photographers too. This workshop will help you understand all the key elements needed, as well as tips and tricks you should know to successfully create beautiful images that you and your clients will love and treasure.
Day 1: Theory day
- Basic marketing.
- Wrapping techniques.
- Baby safety.
- Beanbag posing.
- Prop posing.
- Parents and siblings posing.
Day 2: Practical day
- Practical shoot on a SIB (Stand in baby) to go through a shoot with you step by step.
- Practical shoot on a real baby.
Who is this course for?
- Beginner and intermediate photographers who want to expand their knowledge and skill-set on photographing newborns. If you have already tried photographing newborns and felt a little overwhelmed, this workshop will help you become calmer, more creative and effective with your next newborn client.
- 2-Day weekend workshop.
- A DSLR or Mirrorless camera with a portrait lens. It is expected that attendees should know the basics of photography such as aperture, shutter speed, ISO, white balance, metering, focusing, etc. If you do not yet understand the basics, we recommend that you take a look at our Basic – Intermediate Photography Courses.
- R2 800 per person. R500 discount for Photo Critic members. Lunch and refreshments included.
- MCademy Training Institute | 1034 Saxby Ave, Centurion (Opposite Eldoraigne Village Shopping Centre)
To register for the course, you have to complete the online registration on DPC's Website by following the link below: