Learn how to use reflectors, diffusers, continuous lights and speedlights as an extension of your camera and eye when shooting portraits on location. Cover all the aspects pertaining to ambient light, use of reflectors and scrims and advanced speedlight techniques like TTL, manual flash for on- and off-camera flash photography.
- Camera settings when using flash.
- How to use your speedlight as an extension of your camera.
- Lighting equipment, speedlights, TTL and manual flash demystified.
- Using on-camera flash, indoor and bounce flash.
- Using reflectors and diffusers.
- Mixed lighting: Combine flash with ambient or natural light, including dragging the shutter and strobist techniques.
- Triggering multiple flashes.
- Using off-camera flash with a softbox and umbrella.
- Lighting systems: 3-light, 2-light, 1-light, cross lighting, clamshell lighting etc.
- Preventative measures for problems you may encounter when shooting on location.
- Hand-outs: Quick guide, e-book including lighting setups and diagrams.
Who is this course for?
- Intermediate photographers who would like to improve their on-location lighting skills when shooting portraits and weddings on-location.
- 2-Day weekend workshop.
- A DSLR or Mirrorless camera with full manual control and a speedlight.
- Basic to intermediate understanding of how to set up your camera, i.e. able to change ISO, shutter speed, aperture, access the various focusing modes, etc.
- R2 800 per person. R500 discount for ex-DPC students. Lunch and refreshments included.
- MCademy Training Institute | 1034 Saxby Ave, Centurion (Opposite Eldoraigne Village Shopping Centre)
To register for the course, you have to complete the online registration on DPC's Website by following the link below: