This practical hands-on course is ideal for photographers who would like to learn how to shoot portraits in the studio. We cover all the most important aspects of the studio environment, camera settings and lighting equipment. You will get the opportunity to set up the lights, direct, and shoot a model under the guidance of a pro. After completing this course, you will have the practical knowledge and confidence to shoot in the studio on your own.
- Planning a studio shoot.
- Detailed layout and practical explanation of the studio environment and lighting equipment.
- Camera settings, tethered shooting and using a light meter.
- Lighting the background.
- Quality and direction of light using various light shapers and modifiers.
- Effectively capture images according to your vision with the least equipment.
- Using lighting ratios to create accurate and dramatic portraits in the shortest possible time.
- Basic lighting systems.
- Portrait setups, i.e. Broad, Short, Split, Loop, Rembrandt and Butterfly lighting.
- Preventative measures for problems you may encounter in the studio.
- Hand-outs: Quick guide, an e-book of the course content, including lighting setups and diagrams.
Who is this course for?
- Photographers who would like to learn all the important aspects of shooting portraits in the studio and how to set up a studio.
- 2-Day weekend workshop.
- A DSLR or Mirrorless camera with full manual control.
- Basic to intermediate understanding of how to set up your camera i.e. able to change ISO, shutter speed, aperture, access the various focusing modes etc.
- R2 800 per person. R500 discount for ex-DPC students. Lunch and refreshments included.
To register for the course, you have to complete the online registration on DPC's Website by following the link below: