This creative workshop further elaborates on aspects briefly introduced in the “Expanding your Vision” series. It will enable photographers to tell better stories through thoughtfully applying the principles of visual language and communication This course takes its cues from the world’s top cinematographers and movie directors; explaining how still photographers can effectively apply similar techniques than those used in cinema. It takes you beyond the mere aspects of visual composition and will help you get your intended message across to the viewer and create images with impact and feeling.
- What is Visual Language and Communication?
- The ten shots of Visual Storytelling
- Introduction to scriptwriting.
- Becoming better still photographers though studying motion picture.
- Emotion as the key aspect of storytelling.
- Conceptualising ideas.
- Creating Mood through lighting and colour.
- Compositional aspects of visual storytelling.
- Character compositions; Primal vs. Artificial control.
- Visual Weight (comprehensive).
Who is this course for?
- These creative sessions are for any photographer who wants to improve in the area of visual language and storytelling.
- 3 Evening Classes (9 hours class time)
- R1 100 per person paid in advance (EFT). Snacks and beverages included.
To register for the course, you have to complete the online registration on DPC's Website by following the link below: