Wedding photography is extremely rewarding in terms of creativity and income. This wedding photography course is aimed at people who already understand the basics of photography and would like to turn their hobby into a creative career or earn an extra income. Classes are personal, highly practical with sufficient opportunity to address individual questions and limited to twelve people only.
- Day 1: Wedding Inspiration, Styles, Equipment, Wedding Photography A-Z
Inspiration: View the work of top international wedding photographers, three distinctive styles of wedding photography you should know, essential equipment you should have, the photographer’s A to Z for wedding photography (from marketing to delivery), pre-wedding day issues, wedding day issues, post-wedding day issues.
- Day 2: How to Shoot the Wedding Day and Common Lighting Setups
Tips and tricks pertaining to posing, the preparation, shooting the ceremony, detail shots, group shots, the portrait session, reception shots, the art of combining natural light with artificial light and practical demonstration.
- Day 3: Practical Shoot: The Wedding Day
One Day Practical Shoot, covering the wedding day under the guidance of both Trompie and Warren.
- Day 4: Digital Workflow Part 1
Digital workflow: The importance of working effectively, popular and industry software, Lightroom Preset System, digital adjustments, exposure and colour, tagging and photo selections, etc. Timeless and contemporary retouching techniques: Skin softening, dynamic lighting, black and white, sepia, vignette, etc. (Photoshop and Lightroom). Making ready for delivery: Advice about printing and exporting images for printing, cropping, sharpening, introduction to coffee table books, wedding album design.
- Day 5: Digital Workflow Part 2 and Presentation
Workflow Continued. Constructive evaluation and photo critiques of the students’ photos taken during the practical shoot
Who is this course for?
- Intermediate photographers who already understand the basic aspects of portrait photography and would like to get into the wedding photography business. If you are already shooting weddings and would like to improve your wedding photography markedly then this course will help you to be more effective, creative and profitable.
- 5-Day weekend workshop.
- A DSLR or Mirrorless camera and speedlight(s) are essential. It is expected that attendees should know the basics of photography such as aperture, shutter speed, ISO, white balance, metering, focusing, etc. If you do not yet understand the basics, we recommend that you take a look at our Basic to Intermediate Photography Courses.
- For the digital workflow part, you will need a computer with Lightroom Classic CC installed as well as a working knowledge of Lightroom.
- R6 800 per person. R900 discount for ex-DPC students. Lunch and refreshments included.
- MCademy Training Institute | 1034 Saxby Ave, Centurion (Opposite Eldoraigne Village Shopping Centre)
To register for the course, you have to complete the online registration on DPC's Website by following the link below: