This course is ideal for beginner and enthusiast photographers who would like to step it up to the next level. The course takes you from learning how to use your camera to understanding what makes a good photo through to advanced creative techniques.
- Fundamental aspects of good photography (what makes a good photo).
- Camera layout, controls and lens aspects.
- Key Elements of Exposure (How ISO, Aperture and Shutter Speed work together).
- Automatic vs. Manual camera modes.
- Advanced Exposure Control.
- White Balance and Colour.
- Portraits: Basic Aspects, Natural Lighting, Equipment, Composition and Posing.
- Portraits | Practical Shoot.
- Travel and Landscape Photography: Creative Techniques, Lighting, Composition and Equipment.
- Visual Composition | Practical Shoot.
- Sunset and Night Photography | Practical Shoot.
- Introduction to Digital Workflow and Retouching.
- Handouts: Printed quick-guide and an e-guide covering the course content.
Who is this course for?
- Beginner and enthusiast photographers who would like to learn how to use their cameras intelligently and creatively.
- The course is run over seven weeks and 10 sessions, of which seven are evening classes and three are practical shoots on weekends.
- You will need a Digital Camera (preferably a DSLR, mirrorless or compact camera, with Manual Settings). You will also need a computer for access to our online student network and course material.
- If you are in the process of buying a computer or laptop, we strongly recommend that you read the following article, The Best Computer for Photo Editing. Feel free to contact our office if you need any assistance.
- R4 600 per person. Couples or friends joining pay only R3 900 per person.
- ALICE ART GALLERY | 217 Dryf Ave, Ruimsig, Roodepoort (on the border of Krugersdorp and Roodepoort)
To register for the course, you have to complete the online registration on DPC's Website by following the link below: