- Nikon D5000 with 18-55 lens at 52mm
- Aperture mode
- ISO: 200
- Shutter: 1/125
- Aperture: F/16
- Pic was taken handheld lit by mid-day sunlight only.
- Edited in Lightroom to achieve the following:
- Decrease exposure and whites on the bike to reduce visual weight on the bike.
- Increased texture on the bricks
- Increased contrast on the bricks to emphasize pattern that will be broken by the main subject.
- I think it is a good photo because of the mood of happiness shown by the child despite his imperfect tricycle. This also seems to be the only toy he owns. The pattern of bricks shows where he stays, the unlit door shows circumstance and his clothes reflect caring.
- The downside of this picture is that the child does not have visual weight - he is not the brightest and biggest in the picture and is overpowered by the tricycle.