- Canon 77D, 70-200MM f/4 Canon lens at 200mm.
- Shot on manual mode
- ISO: 100
- Aperture: F/4
- Shutter: 1/500
- Metering: Evaluative
- Photo was taken handheld with sunlight at 2 pm. Hence the sidelight.
- Edited in lightroom with the following in mind:
- Square crop to emphasize symmetry and balance.
- Rotated image to provide interest...it is not what the eye expects at first - I wanted to draw the viewer in.
- Increased contrast on the overall picture.
- Increased reds and greens to provide colour balance.
- Selectively exposed parts of the Rhino to show details.
- Decreased exposure around the edges.
- Increased and texture sand to contrast with the semi-smooth water.
- I like the picture due to the balance and contrasts I have managed to bring about. I can't fault it as the opportunity does not arise very for this picture. It would have been great if this was captured at 4 pm - with more sidelight. This would bring about another dimension of symmetry.